Friday, January 16, 2009

Comedy Back in the Day..

When we were watching a movie about racial comedy in class, I really was disturbed in a way. It just sucks how black people were treated back in the day. What really disturbed me was how the white guys would paint or dab on a black material to make them look dark. Then they would perform a comedy act for the people. I don't know how this was funny. Everyone knew they were just making a parody of blacks. The thing that was really disappointing was that blacks did the same thing. I don't believe that is right at all.

There were also pictures of blacks that have oversized lips and other things like that. It just makes me think, "How could blacks ever forgive whites for this?" It just doesn't all add up right to me.

People shouldn't make fun of each other. Have love, not war on each other, ya know?

No comments: