Thursday, December 4, 2008

Metaphors that Kill

About a week and a half ago, we read a little article about Desert Storm that was called Metaphor and War. The article was basically a huge metaphor and how war can kill. It really was a great article. It had great examples on all levels. One of the greatest references it had was that Kuwait was described as "rape." That is pretty good.

We later did a reflection and were asked to come up with one example of a metaphor that represents our life. I chose a roller coaster as my metaphor. I chose this because I have lots of ups and downs with loops and corkscrews. I also said it was a never-ending roller coaster. I think a lot of people would choose this as a metaphor too. Anyone can relate to that.

5 comments:

Winnie K said...

I definitely can relate to that. Everyone's life is kind of crazy. Sometimes you go around in loops and you finally get to the top, but soon come crashing down. Its a fun ride.

great metaphor keenen :)

AGray said...

Ahh Yes Keenen. Very inspirational. I like your metaphor you chose, haha even if it was like 6 other people's metaphor as well. Life is like a never-ending rollercoaster. And I do love rollercoasters !!! Even though I did think about this metaphor as an option, haha I chose something a little different but nice blog friend! peace out home skillet!

Nicole H. said...

That is a metaphor that everyone can relate to, and I think it would be hard for someone not to be able to relate to it if they actually thought about it.

Marisa said...

I can relate to that so much. Like eveyone's life is crazy. This is a perfect metaphore for life in general. I wonder how people who are afraid of rollercoasters feel about this metaphore?

Ky-Ky Bebeh said...

I'd have to say that my life feels like a roller coaster at times, but definitely not all o' the time.

Some days, I feel like my life moves along at a snail's pace. Generally, this happens in school quite often in classes such as Advance Grammar. (So happy I finished that class last quarter! x.x)

Hmmmmmm, if I could wish to how my life would be like... I think I'd want it to be like a Lazy River, but not one at a resort or anything. The people there, mostly the kids, are too loud. >.<